Monday 9 May 2011

Little Man

My little guy is turning 2. I find this a little hard to believe. Not because I think 2 has come too soon. On the contrary, he should have been 2 a long time ago. He seems so old.

My Oli started talking before he could walk. This means he has been speaking, in complete sentences, for almost a year now. People who get the privilege of hearing him converse (he's very shy!) are amazed as my short little dude spouts some profound wisdom.  They all seem to think this is a great and wonderful thing. I'm not so sure. Is is fun when your one-year-old can tell you they don't like your sweater? Do you feel blessed when he informs you that your breath is "dinky" when you lovingly take him out of bed?

YES!

Those people are right. 100%. I got a rare glimpse into the workings of a one-year-old mind. Not everyone gets to experience how their little ones' minds work. I thought it would be fun to record some of Oli's profound wisdom.

Mom asked, "What are you digging there Oliver?"
"Just a plain hole. Then the airplane can fly high in the sky and fall down in the hole. It's just a plain hole."

At the pool, "Mommy! It's a funny bath!"

After Mommy bought some new shoes. "Those are Danielle's shoes! You can't wear those, then she will have dirty feet!"

"Woah, this is a walking bumpy ride!" As he strolled across our uneven, wet yard.

My favourite thing though has to be his singing. Oli LOVES to sing. His best work: "Byessed be the name of the Yord!" Best song ever. That and "Open the eyes of my heart, Yord! Open the eyes of my heart. I want to see you!" I love it. I could listen to him yell choruses all day long. What a blessing to have a little boy. A beautiful, colorful little boy.

Happy Birthday, Oli G.

No comments:

Post a Comment