Tuesday 21 February 2012

This is REALLY hard?!

Some of my friends have informed me they are embarking on this adventure with me. YAY!! Misery loves company right???!

Some advice......
The "Don't Ask Blanket".


To stop the constant string of..."Mom, can we watch a show?" I instituted the "don't ask blanket". When this question came up at first I simply responded, "Look at the TV." The question has stopped and I catch them looking up at the TV and sighing periodically. (And I never had to answer with "NO.")

Note: a standard home-made receiving blanket will perfectly cover a 42" TV.



Also, evidently, when your young children are used to watching 8 hrs of TV a day on average......

Severe withdrawal sets in around 24 hrs in.

Symptoms include:
1. Constant wailing.
2. Random toy throwing........at siblings.
3. Lack of appetite.
4. Using phrases never before uttered by my 2-year-old. "Daddy, I DON'T love you and I'm only proud of ME!"
5. Even greater blankie need.
6. An overall feeling of anger towards anything smiling. :) -> :(

Good luck with that!! I have no answers as of yet... Lots of cuddling and not much "getting stuff done" has been happening around here. Hey, when people enter rehab they need lots of human contact too, right?

All is "quiet" here right now as I found two very noisy fire trucks hiding in the basement which seemed to have appeased the masses for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment