Wednesday 29 February 2012

Potty time!

I decided that a month+ with no TV was probably the perfect time to potty train my almost-3-year-old. Without the distraction of TV, he should be able to focus more on what's going on "down there".

For the record, this is no ordinary boy. Today, he only answers to the name Superhero. Now I know all boys do that but his super power is that he can say "long words without stopping". He has been speaking in sentences since he was 18 months old, and apparently I have spoken about this a lot in his presence. Guess he figures he's pretty special.

He has also informed me that he likes having poop in his pants. "It's warm." How do I argue with that?

He is well aware that not wearing diapers is going to be more work. I believe his words were something like, "Well,....I think I will just wear diapers. Then I can just poop in the living room." Can't really argue with that either.

Some would say that I have already waited too long. He's too smart. It won't work well now. Problem: He couldn't physically STOP peeing when started no matter how hard he tried till recently. Nevermind trying to hold it and get to the bathroom. We have discovered a few areas in his life where his advanced communication skills have directly conflicted with his slower physical development.

Before he could get off the couch himself he would call me, not to help him down but.......
"Mom! Get me that toy!"
"What do you say?"
"Peeeaaaass."

I guess we'll see how this goes!

More later. His activity of choice was making pie. So I am off to make pie with a very naked little boy. You may not want to come for coffee for the next few days......Might be serving "naked pie".

No comments:

Post a Comment