Wednesday 22 February 2012

It takes teamwork.

So......When I made this no-TV-till-Easter-and-maybe-even-longer decision for my family, I thought it important to consult the other half of the child-rearing team. He was all for it. I believe the words, "It's your funeral!" may have been uttered. He is realizing, however, that it is not quite so simple.

See, his logic was as follows.....

No TV?!
That's hard!
All day?
Wait, DAY!
SHE'S home all day!
Ok, this COULD be good for the kids.
Sure, Honey!

He's starting to realize that the evenings are the hardest time and that's when he's around......

Oh! And did I mention that I am out of the house a minimum of 3 evenings a week? And he has to keep them entertained as their brains spiral quickly down the whirlpool of exhaustion. Not to mention, they seem to tire themselves out far more with no TV. (See previous blog regarding symptoms of withdrawal)

Teamwork is important. He sees the benefits of a no TV break, but actually begged me to allow him TV yesterday while I was out. So, though we are a team, sometimes one of us still needs to be the captain.

He made it through the evening, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment