Friday 24 February 2012

I can't get stuff done!!?

They have completely forgotten about the TV! I can't believe it either. They have not asked to watch TV in two days. Not even a longing side glance at our blanket-clad old friend. It has been rather wonderful!

Here's the rub. 

I can't get anything done!!!

I used to place them in front of the TV when I needed to mop the floors or clean up an area real quick. It was so easy.

Now I find myself interrupted at every turn by,

"MOM! Naya's not sharing!"

"MOM! He's licking me!"

"MOM! Ephraim's stuck in the laundry hamper again!"

By letting their imaginations run free, I have successfully created problems I didn't know we had! They find their way into the strangest places. (That small gap behind the toilet bowl, below the tank) They create the strangest games. ("AHHHHHH! Restaurant fire!! Run and get in your boats!") There is a lot more yelling (happy and sad) and a lot more hands-on parenting. I know this is what I was hoping to achieve when I set out. The whole I-want-to-raise-my-kids-without-the-help-of-Caillou thing, but I am getting tired of going to bed in a house that could best be described by a Habitat for Humanity disaster bulletin.

My new goal?

Go to bed with the house in the same (or better) shape as when I woke up.

Today that shouldn't be too hard, since I had a hard time finding the stairs this morning for the laundry and barbie accoutrements. Here's hoping that everyday, I can improve a little. Maybe by the time Easter rolls around, we can have an Easter egg hunt and not lose the children in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment